From the experts...
Belle has functioned as an all-remote team since our agency was founded seven years ago - and is still how we operate today, now with 16 team members across six states. You might say we're a bit of an expert in this area!
Here is a collection of our tried-and-true tools, tips and resources for working from home (WFH).
- Get dressed and ready for the day. It sets the tone for your day and helps you get into the right mindset for work.
- Identify your top priority for the day and tackle that first.
- Use time blocking. Group similar tasks and schedule time on your calendar for important projects. Protect that time just as you would a meeting.
- Remember to schedule time for "deep work," strategic thinking and creativity.
- Take breaks! Close the computer, walk around. Eat meals away from your desk.
- If you can, designate a workspace in your home that is only for work. Create a physical boundary so when the workday is done, you "leave" work and transition back to home life.
- Prioritize connection across multiple communication channels - Slack, video, individual and group touch bases, etc.
- Face-to-face time matters.
- Have daily team check-ins over video to touch base on what you are working on.
- Carve out time for non-work-related hangouts over video with co-workers (No COVID-19 talk!)
- Have virtual parties over video for things like birthdays, baby showers and other team celebrations. Order fun gifts or treats to be delivered to the team ahead of the party, or ask everyone to come with their favorite sweet treat.
- Have Slack channels for non-work topics. Ideas: baby/pet photos, joke of the day, favorite music or sharing health and wellness ideas.
WFH WHEN YOUR
KIDS ARE HOME
0%of workers work from home
at least once a week
0%more likely to be happy + productive
COME SAY HI ON INSTAGRAM