Trash Talk: B2B Thought Leadership Campaign Propels Growth for a Waste Management Startup
Founded in 2010, Enevo began in Finland providing waste data from dumpster sensors using proprietary analytics software. As a startup company that was seeing significant growth, Enevo moved its headquarters to Boston to expand its North American presence and looked to evolve its company focus to introduce a new services-based offering. In 2017, Enevo engaged Belle Communication to effectively communicate the brand’s value proposition in the U.S. and elevate its expertise among new target audiences that align with critical business development and sales goals.
Belle developed and executed a strategic thought leadership program focused on:
- Trade media outreach within target verticals including restaurant, retail, facility management, property management and waste
- Local media outreach in Boston
- Executive content development (bylined articles)
- Speaking engagement opportunities for Enevo executives
These PR tactics focused on getting Enevo in front of its primary target audiences and in delivering compelling, relevant content around topics that would promote the company’s services and technology, and highlight client successes.
Through Google Analytics monitoring, Enevo attributed increased web traffic from media coverage including a spike in September 2017 around the services announcement and saw referral sources to the website from media outlets. Enevo also received increased inbound interest from potential customers and hauler partners who cited seeing the brand in Waste360, Waste Dive and American Recycler articles, stating PR as the reason for their proactive inquiries.
- 27 top-tier trade and local media opportunities secured within the first six months, including 12 in restaurant, six in retail, two in property and seven in facility management
- 71 total media opportunities secured
- 14 bylined articles completed in first six months of campaign; 23 total byline article opportunities
- Featured in two “wish list” media locally: BostInno + Boston Business Journal
- Speaking engagement secured at the 2018 National Facilities Management & Technology (NFMT) Conference
0BYLINE ARTICLE OPPORTUNITIES