A Monday reflection …
It can be extremely difficult to choose love when we feel we’ve been wronged. It’s hard to hold back from an immediate and reactive reply when someone sends a blunt email, instead choosing to think clearly and take time to respond. It can seem impossible to shake a ‘funk’ and choose thankfulness to create a happier mood.
Each day is full of choices. This means, we actually have the potential for great control in our lives, no matter our circumstance and regardless of how impossible it may seem. How we choose to think, act, and respond can each greatly effect our outcome. We can choose to be kind or rude. We choose whether to wait or become impatient. We choose happiness or to, instead, get tossed by negative emotions.
When it comes to the future, ask yourself:
- Am I making choices that build or detract from my future success?
- Am I making decisions rooted in fear?
- What’s really holding me back from moving forward?
- Am I holding myself back?
- What is the real (actual) risk of this decision?
- Should seek input from another person?
- Am I relying too heavily on the opinions of others?
We have the power of choice but we have to choose to take advantage of that power.
What choices will you make today?