Can I just say I’m really excited for 2014?
I’m officially declaring this as the year to THRIVE personally and professionally.
This is my first Monday back in the office after our holiday break as a team. I’m really, really looking forward to this year and what it holds for me, my team, and you. I can’t wait to hear and read about all the amazing things each of us will accomplish this year.
Ending the year can be a big reality check as we look at the goals we have and have not accomplished. To make the most of personal and professional growth, I think this process of reflection and revision is essential. If you outlined goals last year, break them out and review them. Did you accomplish your goals? How will this year be different? Celebrate the improvements and accomplishments and look closely for opportunities to improve on the previous year.
2013: The year of the Leap …
The past year was an evolution for me. Reading my Moleskin entries, and reviewing my video journals, I can easily see milestones, struggles, revelations, and breakthrough. I went from working in the traditional space, to making the leap of being a full-time consultant, to launching an integrated PR agency and growing my team. The time has flown by and I can’t believe our one-year anniversary is almost here. I’m so thankful.
I am also confident that this year is going to be even better. There’s a lot to do and many goals to achieve. I’ve outlined some of our team goals for 2014 and some of my personal goals, below in case you’d care to take a peek.
How will you THRIVE this year?
I’d love to hear what you’re planning to achieve and how this year will be different from 2013 and years past. Seriously! We have the opportunity to grow, transform, and THRIVE like never before.
If that doesn’t excite you … I encourage you to stop what you’re doing and reflect. Think about all the people, circumstances, and things you are thankful for and look to the future. How do you want to be known? How will you spend your time and resources? Where do you need to step it up and what are you currently doing well?
2014: The year to THRIVE …
Here are some of my personal 2014 goals …
2014 Personal Goals
- Complete another half marathon (May 2014)
- Workout at least 3 times per week (CrossFit, running and yoga)
- Complete another Whole30 in late January
- Take a vacation with Daniel this year (since we haven’t had a vacation together since our honeymoon)
- Begin to blog on KateUpdates.com weekly
Some of our team 2014 goals for Belle Communications …
2014 Business Goals
- Release our first e-book this month (!! — Psst if you want to be sure to get your copy, opt into our e-newsletter here.)
- Double sales for the year (!!!)
- Grow our media relations team (!!!! — more to come on this … Psst we’re hiring again!)
- Blog daily M-F (This is a BIG goal. Scary but I know we can do it)
- Share a video each week
- Send our e-newsletter at least once a month (12 per year)
- Reserve one day per week for strategy and business development for Belle Communications (I started this toward the end of 2013 and it’s a huge help. I strongly encourage a designated weekly time of business development if you’re an entrepreneur or consultant.)
There you have it! These are just some of our goals as I’ve compiled quite a list 🙂
So, now it’s your turn — what are some of your personal and professional goals for 2014?
Happy Monday everyone!
Let’s do this.