We’ve shared a lot about being a virtual agency in the past. Not having a physical office keeps us on a constant hunt for the next best productivity tool. Team Belle is always looking for an easier way to communicate, and today’s review features the latest in the line of virtual office tools we’ve tried.
Sococo Virtual Office is just that- an online office, complete with a break-room, conference rooms and individual offices that can all be customized. Waking up and going to the office in the morning is actually possible with Sococo- a fun, and useful, addition to our virtual organization.
A Tour of the Office
Sococo Virtual Office is a visual tool, replicating the experience of being in a physical office. Once logged in, you are taken into the lobby. From there, you can choose where to go- directly to your office (and keep the door open or closed), or to another area of the floor.
To move from one area to another in the tool, you can simply click on the room where they would like to be. This means users can visit another office for a one-on-one meeting, or move to the virtual break room when an actual lunch break is taking place.
Communicating with your team on Sococo Virtual Office is a simple process. There are a few different options for communicating:
- Team members can enter any office and begin a text chat that can only be viewed within the specific room. This helps to keep multiple conversations organized.
- Team Belle’s favorite option is to video chat, which is possible in most rooms. Users have the option to turn their camera and microphone on or off.
- All meeting rooms, conference rooms, co-work spaces and offices provide the ability for team members to screen share. When discussing documents, or walking through a presentation, this is a feature we’re happy to have.
- Users can also chat privately with individual team members from anywhere in the office- perfect for quick questions.
- Each user can share a status within Sococo. We use this as a way to share what we are working on for the day.
Even with all of these options for communicating, our team is in need of a group chat. If each member of the team is in a different room, there is only an option to chat individually. Of course, this better mimics a physical office space, but is inconvenient when we have a quick question that needs feedback from everyone.
What We Think
Overall, we’ve been enjoying the variety of ways to talk in Sococo Virtual Office, and hope there’s an update coming soon! Team Belle is filled with “visual people”, so we like having a virtual representation of an office to work in each day. The tool has been keeping us connected, and we hope there’s a group chat update soon!
What’s Your Take?
How does your team navigate being in an online office? Do you have a favorite tool that keeps you organized during the day? Let us know in the comments!