Happy Weekend! This has been a big week at Belle, as more than half of our team is in D.C. for our client the Jefferson Awards Foundation’s National Awards Ceremony.
As we wrap up the week, we’re sharing some tips to help you break out of your workspace (and snacking) rut, plus a cool new politically-minded app that’s getting some buzz.
Entrepreneurship … Like a BOSS
See the Light
We are people of habit but sometimes we all need a change. If you’re feeling sluggish at work, try using natural lighting for a day. A 2012 Swiss study found that natural light boosts productivity. Natural light can also effect your natural rhythm. According to this article from Entrepreneur.com, if you get more natural light during the day it yields a better night of sleep (double bonus). Check out these amazing outdoor offices!
Feeling stressed? Go home. According to Forbes, 45% of people that take a day out of the office say there are less distractions and they are more productive.
Snack For A Purpose
- Improve your mental focus by eating two or more daily doses of vegetables.
- For a full day of productivity and lots of energy to get things done, don’t skip breakfast and choose whole grains.
- Thinking Starbucks? Do it! It’s no surprise that your morning caffeine make you feel more awake. But a study at the University of Barcelona found that the placebo affect is enough to keep us awake all day.
Tips & Tools to Empower Your Life
Unfortunately, our invitation to attend this new social platform is still in the mail. But Brigade Beta is creating quite the stir in the world of social media. This new iOS and Android app, created by Facebook president, Sean Parker, is designed to highlight political and civic issues.
Brigade CEO Matt Mahan explained, “Our mission is to reenergize civic participation in America by empowering citizens.”
This innovative app allows participants to take sides and discuss issues trending within the app. This wouldn’t be a Facebook derived app if there wasn’t a communal platform. After users take sides, they are introduced to other users who take the same stance as they do.
This new social fad is on our trends-to-watch radar!
Links We Love
- 4 ways To Be a Better Client
- Use Media Relations to Generate Qualified Leads
- Become a Content Marketing Fox
- 4 Tips For Creating Effective Infographics
- Why Working For a Small Agency is Good For Your Career
- 4 Reasons You Shouldn’t be Afraid to be Funny on Social Media
- The most common—and bizarre—workplace productivity killers
- 9 techniques to make your list post shine
Have a great weekend!
-Leah + Belle Team