Happy long weekend! It’s the perfect opportunity to take a few days away from the office, your inbox and other distractions. That’s what our team will be doing!
In this week’s THRIVEable Friday we are focusing on the future, particularly the future of leadership. Leadership styles dictate a lot in a company as they contribute immensely to the work place environment. The future of leadership is changing as the fields we work in evolve. We’ve rounded up some of the top leadership qualities of developing leaders.
Entrepreneurship … Like a Boss
From middle school class president to the CEO of your company, leadership is a quality that is constantly emphasized throughout our lives. A leader has a distinct image, especially in the world of PR – characteristics that come to mind are responsibility, charisma and drive. But as we know, the world of PR is constantly changing and so is what it takes to be a leader in it. Gini Dietrich from Spin Sucks recently outlined Five Traits of Future Leaders as they relate to PR. Below are the qualities that are projected to be the necessary traits of leaders in the coming years:
- Culturally diverse
So what does it take to develop these qualities and hone your leadership skills? Here are some leadership tips and resources that are helpful no matter what stage of your career you are in right now:
- Compassion first: Be tough on outcomes but not on people.
- Practice ego management: Rewarding collaborative behavior suppresses individual gloating.
- Don’t forget to inspire: Ignite passion behind your company’s mission and equip your employees to live it out.
What qualities do you think future leaders will need to possess? Let us know @ThinkBelleCom!
Tips & Tools to Empower Your Life
Screenshot what you want and avoid other clutter with Awesome Screenshot, a Chrome browser extension. Awesome Screenshot gives you options such as capturing a selected area, whole page or just the visible area. This free extension also doubles as a photo editor with features such as cropping, adjusting color and annotating your images.
Links We Love
- 5 Things Speakers Can Learn From Bruce Springsteen
- Advice For Recent Grads Starting Their Jobs
- Time-Saving Content Marketing Tools
- 5 Habits PR People Must Break
- Five Ways to Get Your Message Through to an Overloaded Audience
Have a great weekend!
Leah + Team Belle