Hello weekend! This week we are going back to school and talking about something that we’ve all tried to avoid – math. Keep reading to find out how you are actually a math whiz. We’ve also rounded up the best tracks to include on your workday playlist! Don’t forget to give us a shout out and tell us what you’re listening to at @ThinkBelleCom!
Entrepreneurship … Like a Boss
“Math” is the four-letter word that a majority of communication professionals do not like to hear. Maybe you even sat in a math class when you were younger and thought, ‘wow, I’m glad I won’t be doing this every day for the rest of my life.’ But unfortunately, we’ve lost in this massive game of hide-and-seek and math has won in the worst way. Math has tricked us into believing that we are still not using this skill frequently! Boost your confidence by owning these math skills that we are actually using every day.
Geometry: Every time you make a digital graphic and use visual content, you seize the opportunity to dive into the world of shapes to tell your story.
Statistics: Can you say analytics?
Multiplication and arithmetic: You are a multiplication CHAMP! ROI, media impressions and growth rate are all things you calculate and discuss with your clients regularly. Now that the cat’s out of the bag, don’t shy away from these numerical opportunities, approach them with confidence – because after all, this is what you do everyday!
Probability: As PR professionals, we are risk takers in everything we do! How do I increase the odds of this reporter picking up my pitch? Which wording will get more engagement? …Sound familiar? Probability, no problem!
Now that math is not just an excuse to eat pie on Pi Day, take your newly found math skills and own them with confidence!
Tips & Tools to Empower Your Life
Lately our team has been talking about our favorite songs to listen to throughout the workday. According to Business Insider, this is the best music for optimal productivity:
- Listen to the songs you like! I would highly recommend Sorry by Justin Bieber.
During the work day:
- Songs that involve the sounds of nature – These calming sounds will boost your mood and focus.
- Songs you don’t care about – A song you really like can be distracting and impair productivity.
- Songs with no words – “According to research from Cambridge Sound Management, noise in general isn’t to blame when it comes to lost productivity — it’s how intelligible the words are that forces us to shift focus from our work to figuring out what someone is saying.”
Let us know your favorite things to listen to during the work day @ThinkBelleCom!
Links We Love
- 5 Brilliant TED Talks That Will Increase Your Emotional Intelligence
- 10 Things You Need to Know About the New Facebook Search
- How to Dynamically Generate URLs on the Fly in Excel or Google Sheets
- Here’s Why You Should Be Picky About Where You Guest Post
Have a great weekend!
Leah + Belle Team