It’s almost that time … time to relax, recharge and rejuvenate your energy over the weekend. Our team has had a very exciting week as we’ve been down in sunny Miami for an event for one of our fabulous clients. It was a #SecretLaunchParty and the brand has been under wraps, but the secret’s out now – it’s Boho Betty, the new face of fashion jewelry! Definitely check them out (and earn free jewelry by inviting your friends)!
In this week’s #THRIVEable Friday, learn how taking a break from the work place is actually extremely beneficial for your business. We also have some Gmail hacks that will change the way you email.
Entrepreneurship … Like a BOSS
“So you want to jump, start a new business, go skydiving, open a new location. How do you punch fear in the face? By doing whatever you’re afraid of anyway.” This is what Sujan Patel learned when he decided to take up skydiving.
Are you feeling guilty about taking a vacation, taking up a new hobby or spending time with family? Don’t! Taking a step away from your business is extremely beneficial. It allows time for you and your business to grow. When you take time away you are able to turn off your ‘work’ brain and grow personally, it also allows others to feel empowered and be held responsible.
Doing this on a more minor scale is beneficial too. Take a walk during the day or try a new food for lunch. Try new things, give your brain a break from work for a little bit and gain a new perspective.
Tips & Tools to Empower Your Life
We use Gmail EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. So why not make it easier? Here are some Gmail hacks that you need to incorporate into your day, stat!
- You can fake the timestamp on an email with an app called Boomerang. All of you night owls get excited, when you’re up working at 2:00am you can schedule emails to send at 8:00am.
- Don’t do more work than you have to. Cut your email time by using the Gmail keyboard shortcuts. Keyboard shortcuts aren’t always the most fun to learn but once you do you won’t regret it (we promise!). Gmail now lets us un-send emails too. Now you can take back your mistakes (or that message that you sent a little too impulsively when you were angry).
- You can instantly pull the LinkedIn information of your contacts with an extension called Rapportive. Rapportive pulls your contacts’ profiles and includes them right in your inbox.
Have any email hacks that you love? Share them with us @ThinkBelleCom!
Links We Love
- 6 Self-Editing Tips to Strengthen Your Writing
- 11 Ways To Craft Better HARO and ProfNet Pitches
- The 10 Commandments of Online Etiquette
- Likable vs. Successful: The Issue Women Leaders Face
- 6 Remarkable Productivity Tips Musicians Can Teach You
- 5 Science-Backed Ways to Become Happier
- 10 Ways You Build (Or Damage) Your Reputation Online
-Leah & Team Belle