This week at Belle has been all about getting organized. We’ve been evaluating and redefining team roles, and also taking time to better streamline our processes and organize files. Have you been doing any spring summer cleaning and reorganizing lately? We hope you’ve had a great week and feel organized when you leave for the weekend.
This week for Thriveable Friday, we’ve rounded up a few great workday exercises and want to tell you about some new Facebook changes.
Entrepreneurship … Like a BOSS
Not only do you feel antsy during the day when you sit at a desk all day long, but there are actually real health consequences that come from sitting for long periods of time. Don’t worry, we’ve got your back (literally). Here are some workday exercises you can try out today.
Tied to your desk?
Chair Pose: Stand up with your feet about six inches apart. Bend your knees and like you are sitting back in a chair again. Lift your hands over your head and hold for 30 seconds keeping your weight in your heels. Benefits: This pose reverses the forward hunch that comes with sitting at a desk all day.
Chair Curls: Sit on the edge of a rolling chair with your legs extended and your feet flat on the floor. Slowly bend your legs to pull the chair in repetitively. Benefits: Strengthens your hamstrings.
Stuck in meetings all day?
When you’re sitting in a meeting squeeze your abs in as tight as you can. Benefits: This strengthens your transverse abdominals, which supports your back and reduces opportunities for back pains.
Go on walking meetings. Benefits: This will get you up and moving as well as provide a nice change of scenery. Plus, new environments boost creativity!
Find yourself constantly at the copier? Check these exercises out.
Tips & Tools to Empower Your Life
Facebook is always on the forefront of up-and-coming technology. Here are a few of the newest features they are working on:
- Facial-recognition technology – minus the face! Meaning, the algorithm can identify a person without his or her face being in the photo. This new technology is still in its testing phases but it could be coming soon.
- Moments App – the purpose of this new app from the Facebook Creative Labs team is to make it easier for Facebook users to privately share pictures from their devices. You can choose which picture you want to share, then the app categorizes them into albums based on which Facebook friends are in those pictures.
- Facebook Messenger – You now no longer need a Facebook account to use this messaging app. Simply click the sign up button and become integrated into the world of Facebook chatting.
Links We Love
- 3 Business Areas Where You Can Sync Up Storytelling
- Gmail Adds ‘Unsend’ Feature
- 3 Things Writers Must Do Before Clicking ‘Publish’
- The Most Important Post-Event Engagement Tool
- The Day After: 11 Things to Do After You Publish a Post
- An SEO’s Advice: The Importance Of Fixing Outbound Links
- How to Choose the Right Stock Photo for Your Next Project
Leah + Belle Team