Happy Friday! Do you ever feel stagnant or too comfortable in your career? Maybe its time for some fun and some risk-taking! In this week’s THRIVEable Friday we put together some great risk-taking tips to help you climb out of your comfort zone and grow. We’ve also included a new app for Instagram called Boomerang. Keep reading to see how we tested it!
Entrepreneurship … Like a Boss
“Think about the times you are most proud of. I’d venture it was a time you overcame an obstacle or surprised yourself with what you accomplished. More likely you didn’t get that feeling while sitting in your comfort zone.” – Kate Finley
In the spirit of Halloween, we’ve been thinking about what makes us fearful, particularly in the workplace. There is a sense of security in playing it safe, but intelligent risk-taking can yield huge growth in your career and for your company. Here are a few key ideas from Inc. that some of the smartest leaders can teach us about risk-taking.
- Risks should align with your company’s mission: Risks are not to be taken without careful planning and consideration. Reckless risk-taking is extremely dangerous and can result in severe consequences.
- Be prepared for loss: Risks always come at a cost. Budget carefully and account for everything from employee raises to company bills.
- You might not see immediate results: Patience is a virtue. Many large risks take time to make a turnover into profit. If you have a cohesive plan starting out, see it through, make sure you are following it carefully, and soon you will see the benefits of your actions.
Tips & Tools To Empower Your Life
Instagram has recently launched a new app, Boomerang, that is now available for iOS and Android users. Boomerang for Instagram takes a innovative spin on Boomerang for Gmail. As the launch video demonstrates, users can stitch together photos to create one-second, soundless mini videos. In correspondence with the app’s name, users can design motion effects using the ability to play them forward and backwards.
This new free app capitalizes on Instagram’s trend of simplicity. With only two button options, users are able to capture photos and switch between camera faces. After creating your masterpiece you can then share the video across Twitter and Facebook platforms.
We want to see your videos! Tag us in them on Instagram @ThinkBelleCom!
Links We Love
- 6 Simple Exercises to Help You Write Better Short Sentences
- The New Rules Of Brand Awareness
- 12 Resources to Generate Leads With Social Media
- 5 Essential Principles for Understanding Analytics
Leah + Belle Team