Another week has FLOWN by! There’s still lots to do as we wrap up the workweek and head off to Happy Hour but we’re all almost there — finish strong! And take a minute to check out this week’s #THRIVEable Friday post because we have a TON of resources to share with you.
Entrepreneurship…LIKE A BOSS.
You’ve Got a Friend in Me
How do entrepreneurs balance the line between being friends with their employees and maintaining their authority? This article from Inc.com offers tips on how to create a friendship with employees while remembering your role as the boss.
Life is all about taking on risks, and business is no different. We often avoid situations that make us afraid or uncomfortable, but sometimes it’s better to embrace the fear. This post discusses the benefits of challenging yourself and stepping out of your comfort zone, even if you’re afraid. After all, you know what they say: no guts, no glory.
Everyone’s a critic, especially when it comes to social media. What do you do when people post negative messages on your company’s social media pages? These tips from Social Media Today give great advice on how to turn bad reviews into positive results for your business.
Tips and Tools to Empower Your Life
In case you missed it, we hosted a free Cision webinar where Kate discussed tools and trends within PR. Whether you’re in PR or you want some tips for your business, this 45-minute webinar is packed with valuable takeaways. Give it a listen / view, here.
During the webinar, we had a quite a few questions come up regarding how to use some of the tools we mentioned. To help answer them, here are a few links to Toolkit Tuesday posts about the tools we discussed within the webinar:
- Toolkit Tuesday: 23 Ways to Effectively Use Evernote
- Toolkit Tuesday: 2 Tools for Better Managing Twitter Lists
- Toolkit Tuesday: Feedly Quick Start Guide + Feedly Pro
- Toolkit Tuesday: Producteev Intro
- Toolkit Tuesday: How to Use Rebel Mouse as a Social Hub
- Toolkit Tuesday: If This Then That (IFTTT)
- Toolkit Tuesday: Commun.it Twitter Community Management Tool
- Toolkit Tuesday: 7 Ways to Use Dropbox for Business
Subscribe to our weekly Toolkit Tuesday posts here. If you don’t see your question answered in the above resources, email Kate.
THRIVEable Things: Links We Love
- Look out, Twitter: Tumblr inks massive TV ad deal with Viacom ahead of MTV Movie Awards
- Diet Coke Ad Celebrates Entrepreneurs’ Caffeine Addiction
- AP Will Now Accept ‘Over’ as a Synonym for ‘More Than’
- 3 takeaways from a live natural foods shopper focus group
- 3 Free Website Analysis Tools You Should Be Using
- Fellow Moms — We’re the Key Target Group of the Health Food World
- Twitter Study: Which Tweets Get the Most Engagement?
How do you approach risks in the business world? Let us know your thoughts below, or check out our Twitter or Facebook pages. Enjoy your weekend!