Welcome to the the latest edition of our monthly series, “#NicetoTweetYou”, where we highlight some of our favorite PR, content and social media influencers and emerging influencers on Twitter.
Whether you’re getting ready to graduate or you’ve been in the public relations industry for some time, Twitter is a fabulous resource to learn, stay on top of trends, engage with influencers and grow your network.
As a team, we love finding new friends on Twitter who are passionate about PR, social media, content, food (!) and living life to the fullest. Personally, I love getting to know journalists and aspiring PR pros through tweeting back and forth. It’s a blast! So, open up your Twitter list and add our favorite Twitter friends featured in this month’s #NiceToTweetYou series so you can gain valuable insight about PR, social media and more all while expanding your network. Check them out and give them a #nicetotweetyou shoutout!
PR, Social and Content Influencers to Follow This Month
- Jessica Lawlor (@jesslaw) Inspiration alert! We first got to know Jess in her role as features editor for Muck Rack and quickly fell head-over-heels for her informative and inspirational tweets. She’s been featured numerous times within the media and PRSA as a top PR influencer to watch and an inspirational leader with her #GetGutsy take on life. Jess rocks.
- Amy Schmittauer (@Schmittastic): The mind behind Savvy Sexy Social, Amy is a fellow Columbus-dweller and a thought leader in content marketing and how brands can utilize YouTube. Her tweets are full of humor and the latest on tech, marketing and business.
- Jim Dougherty (leaderswest): Jim is the force behind leaderswest, a leading digital marketing journal. Jim tweets about marketing and SEO issues, strategy, trends and best practices. Warning: It’s difficult not to retweet every one of Jim’s tweets.
- Tara Parsell (@tara_parsell): Coming from ABC News to the PR field, Tara brings a journalistic perspective to her tweets with a mixture of humor, PR and life in Central Ohio. Bonus: She also has an adorable puppy.
- Jess Ostroff (@jessostroff): Jess and her team at Don’t Panic Mgmt support many content, social and PR influencers (like Jay Baer, Gini Dietrich and more!) and her tweets are a wealth of knowledge within each of those industries. Jess is also a world traveler, aspiring trapeze artist and foodie.
- Shonali Burke (@shonali): The principal of Shonali Burke Consulting, Shonali is also a teacher at Johns Hopkins University, a renowned speaker, founder of the #measurePR Twitter chat and was voted one of the 25 Women to Rock Social Media by TopRank’s Online Marketing Blog.
- Jessica Vogel (@jayvogue2): Jessica is an up-and-coming PR pro who loves building and executing needle-moving PR strategies. She’s a great example of how to build your network and stay current despite the pull of an abundant school schedule. As part of the Scripps chapter of PRSSA at Ohio University and Chipotle’s student brand ambassador, look for relevant, thought provoking content from Jessica.
All done following? Leave a comment below if you have a favorite PR / social media / content marketing influencer you’d like us to consider for our next edition.
In the meantime, follow us at @ThinkBelleCom for industry headlines, trends and more.
Who do you follow to get the latest PR industry news? Let us know and we could feature them in the next Nice to Tweet You post!