I’m proud to say that when I look back on 2020, I can do so with immense gratitude and pride, knowing that my team and I chose to stand firm and persevere despite seemingly insurmountable uncertainty and fear. We chose to do the right thing, even when it was incredibly difficult.
We made the tough calls.
This year presented us with challenges, obstacles and even some gut-wrenching decisions. Through it all, our team led with our Core Belle-iefs, balancing head with heart to help position Belle to successfully navigate a highly uncertain path.
We stuck to our clients like glue.
Our team gave their all, resiliently delivering whatever our clients needed to get through and even thrive amid COVID-19. I’m not sure we’ve ever felt closer to our clients than we do now and we are deeply grateful for the privilege to serve them.
We helped our community and our industry.
This year we were able to help more brands through donated agency time than ever in Belle history.
We launched two new services.
We believe PR should be the first string that brands tap for creative, blue sky thinking and insight-driven marketing – that “AHA” moment after wrestling with a problem.
- Creative Strategy. From company value creation, digital campaigns, culture communication, rebrands and more, our clients rely on our team to help connect the dots across their marketing mix.
- Crisis Subscriptions. While we’ve advised clients in the heat of crisis and through crisis planning, this year our team innovated in real-time to create a subscription-based crisis model that allows for nimble, real-time communication beyond a traditional plan.
Our team continues to be relentlessly intentional to make Belle best in class from client experience, operational excellence, culture, creativity and results that rival the global leaders in our industry. I believe that’s why we consistently beat out traditional national PR firms and have a client roster that includes brands like Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams, Nationwide Insurance, T. Marzetti and True Food Kitchen.
We defined our vision for the future.
In an industry known for high burnout, we are committed to be agents for change by helping to raise the bar for the PR industry in the areas of culture, creativity and results tied to business goals. This year we defined our long-term vision as helping to spark meaningful change in our industry.
As a team, we became stronger than ever.
A testament to being ranked nationally as a best workplace (Inc. + PRWeek), this year we deepened our bench, promoted from within, doubled down on professional development and further cultivated team satisfaction. Belle continues to be a place where our team can thrive. Whether it be a shelter from the storm as it was this year or a springboard into personal and professional development, this fact is a personal point of pride for me.
In 2020, we were brave … and we were victorious.
I could easily write a book about our collective and individual acts of risk-taking, creativity and resilience, and the remarkable success of our agency, clients and team despite the odds. I believe we have only begun to see the fruit of this fearlessness.
I gratefully bring this year to a close as we take our two week holiday break and get ready to knock 2021 out of the park. That said, here’s a glimpse at our 2020 highlight reel with this first annual edition of “Belle by the Numbers.”
- 11 new clients joined us!
- 8.8B Media and influencer impressions for our clients (that’s billion with a B)
- 2 NEW services (Creative Strategy and Crisis Subscription model)
- 2,210 Media opportunities secured
- 17 Belles working and living their best lives in 9 cities across the U.S.
- $120,000+ raised for Freedom a la Cart, by pivoting its annual Eat Up! Fundraiser to Eat IN! Columbus
- 8 team promotions
- 5 new Belles (including 2 leadership team additions)
- $80,000+ of agency time donated to support 15+ local nonprofits and small businesses
- 3 webinars with Experience Columbus, Columbus CEO and PRecise Communication
- 94 Influencer partnerships
- 25% YOY revenue growth
- Comprehensive career path and culture deck rollouts
- 3 Belle babies and 1 on the way
- 2nd consecutive award as Central Ohio’s best PR Firm by Columbus CEO
- National coverage with The New York Times, CNN, CNBC and The TODAY Show
- 25 brands supported
- 2nd year in a row: Inc. Best Workplace
- 1st time: PR Week Best Places to Work
- 2nd year of our employee profit share program
- 300+ agency owners and 150+ business leaders supported with our work from home resources and best practices.
- 1st ever Belle video — CHECK IT OUT! Big thanks to Ghost Label for helping us perfectly capture what it looks and feels like to be at Belle.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about our agency and team. If you’d like to talk about working together, email our Chief Growth Officer, Bridget Murphy, Bridget@BelleCommunication.com.
Looking to join our team? BelleCommunication.com/team